The role will support the delivery of the monthly GCMA members’ magazine, and the rest of the association’s communications and marketing strategies.
Ideally interested in golf, the successful candidate will be key to the coordination, creation, and commissioning of written content, and the publication of that content to digital platforms and social media platforms.
The role will assist with account management for advertisers and sponsors, including coordinating copy submissions and content calendars. The role will also contribute to the creation and delivery of communications and marketing strategies, and will also support the association’s day to day administration.
Supporting, and reporting to the Communications Manager.
The Golf Club Managers’ Association (GCMA) is the leading authority in golf club management, dedicated to delivering progressive, industry specific education programmes and networking opportunities, whilst offering high quality personal services and support for the development of our membership of over 1,800 golf club managers. Through a comprehensive programme of professional support the GCMA helps the development of golf clubs and ensures golf club managers and secretaries fulfil their potential.
Duties & Responsibilities: (Marketing and Communications)
- Coordinating, creating and curating content for the association’s monthly magazine magazine and gcma.org.uk
- Publication of content to gcma.org.uk
- Management of social media platforms
- Creating and sending member communications, including the weekly members enewsletter
- Writing press releases
- Contributing to development of marketing and communications plans and strategies
- Maintain content plans and database of contributors
- Supporting production of marketing materials
- Gathering and reporting of data
- Conducting membership research
- General administration duties
Duties & Responsibilities: (Sales and Commercial)
- Coordinating advertising copy and maintaining advertising administration and documentation
- Maintaining and populating Recruitment and Business Directory areas of the website
- Maintaining after-sales care with advertisers
- Conducting market research, for example using customer questionnaires and focus groups
Person Specification – qualifications, experience and behaviours
Key Skills and Attributes
- Ability to create and edit written content to a high standard
- Ability to adapt writing style to suit different audiences and platforms
- Web savvy and digitally literate, including proficiency with web publishing and social media
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, aptitude for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Skilled in promoting written and visual content
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Interest in, and knowledge of, golf
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Commercial and customer focused
- Journalism / Marketing or other related qualifications
- Photography and graphic design skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and driven, with the ability to manage varying responsibilities
- Excellent command of the English language
Salary: £18,000 – £21,000 (dependent on experience)
Hours: 30 hours a week – flexible hours to suit
Holidays: 28 days including Bank Holidays (pro rata)
Working arrangements: Preferably office based – occasional travel will be required (driving license and own car preferred) – flexible arrangements considered
You will be involved with ad hoc projects such as trade shows, industry and company events. Time off in lieu is offered for such events.
Please send your CV and a covering letter, detailing your relevant experience and suitability for the role, to Mike Hyde at: firstname.lastname@example.org
GCMA, Bristol and Clifton Golf Club, Beggar Bush Lane, Bristol, BS8 3TH.
The deadline for applications is 10am on Monday 10 July. Interviews will take place at the GCMA office on 13 & 14 July. If you wish to discuss the role in more detail, please contact Mike Hyde – email@example.com or 01275 391153.