Rain Bird: Professional development opportunity
Rain Bird, a global leader in irrigation system innovation, design and supply, is working in partnership with the Golf Club Managers’ Association to offer a professional development opportunity to an aspiring individual with a determination to make their mark in club management.
A well-designed, installed and maintained irrigation system featuring the latest technologies coupled with good irrigation and water management practices results in multiple benefits for any club, on and off the course. Rain Bird wants to help more golf clubs benefit from ‘The Intelligent Use of Water’, and is committed to working with and supporting club and course managers to achieve this through the GCMA.
Candidates must be committed to making the necessary commitment to complete the qualification and should have an appreciation for the role progressive agronomy plays in a club’s success.
The successful candidate will receive a fully-funded place on the ASQ Level 5 Diploma in Golf Club Management – delivered by the golf club management partnership of GCMA, The PGA and BIGGA, consultation with business mentors from the GCMA and Rain Bird, and a full review of their golf club’s irrigation system.
Professional development opportunity
- Fully funded place on the ASQ L5 Diploma in Golf Club Management
- Regular consultations with business mentors from Rain Bird Europe and the GCMA
- Full irrigation system review at their golf club
Criteria/Guidelines – the successful candidate will:
- Be involved in the golf club management industry
- Be a career minded and ambitious manager
- Have a minimum of entry level management training in either club or course management, or professional golf
- Have at least three year’s relevant work experience
- Proven track record of strong performance and career progression
- Appreciate the importance of agronomy for the success of the golf industry
- Be able to commence the qualification via the induction day at The Belfry on 10 April 2018.
To apply, individuals must submit an application form by 5pm on January 31 2018.
Entries will be narrowed to a shortlist of candidates, who will be invited to interview, and we will announce the successful candidate on 1 March, and they will commence the ASQ Diploma in Golf Club Management on 10 April 2018.
All shortlisted candidates will receive a complimentary site visit from a Rain Bird Europe representative to review their current system and offer support and advice.