Hallowes Golf Club | General/Commercial Manager
GCMA Region: Yorkshire
Salary: £ Commensurate with experience
(& an element linked to performance)
Date Posted: 24th October
Closing Date: 16th November
Start Date: February 2019
As a thriving and ambitious Club and one of the top courses in South Yorkshire/ North Derbyshire we are known as a friendly and welcoming club and attract members from all walks of life.
Hallowes Golf Club, founded in 1892, is a very pleasant hill top parkland course situated halfway between Sheffield and Chesterfield with magnificent views over the Yorkshire and Derbyshire countryside.
The Club is now looking for an experienced, ambitious, energetic and progressive General Manager who will be responsible for the overall running of the Club. Areas of responsibility will include membership recruitment and retention, the golf course and clubhouse, bar and catering and other tasks as directed by the Board. The General Manager through the team of support staff is responsible for the maintenance of high standards of service to members and visitors alike.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- To ensure that the strategic objectives of running all aspects of the Club’s business is suitably managed on a day to day basis.
- To keep members informed and to be available to deal with all day-to-day queries that may arise.
- To be accountable for all areas of the Club, daily managing all clubhouse events ensuring the synergism of all Club activities.
- To be the Board’s bridge to Club staff ensuring a team ethic is maintained to ensure high customer service expectations are provided and exceeded.
- To implement and further develop the Club’s 5-year strategy, maintain the Club’s profile in order to continue the improvement in member and visitor numbers.
- To manage the greens team and within budget.
- To manage the four direct reports (Greens, Clubhouse, Pro & Catering)
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong commercial skills to attract new members, to retain existing members and to maximise all income streams.
- Sound administrative, financial, IT, website and operational skills.
- A qualification and/or experience in Golf Club or Sport Club Management would be desirable.
- Strong leadership, communication and people management skills.
- An innovative and positive approach.
- A passion for golf, would be an advantage but not essential.
The competitive remuneration package reflects the importance the Board places on finding the right person to be our new General Manager.
Applications including cover letter highlighting your motivations for the role and relevant experience along with your CV should be emailed to [email protected] by 16th November 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place w/c 26th November.