Garforth GC | Managing Secretary
Date posted: 8th January
Closing date: 29th January
Garforth Golf Club is a private members club, which celebrated its Centenary in 2013, situated north east of Leeds in a rolling countryside location. Originally designed by Dr Alister Mackenzie, it still retains many of its original features and appeals widely to Members and visitors alike and our challenging, mature parkland course and club house facilities are recognised as one of the best in the area.
We are inviting applications for the post of Managing Secretary.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual to help us to continue to take the Club forward, maintaining its full Membership and its current financial stability. The successful candidate will report to the Club Chairman and be responsible for making recommendations to and implementing the decisions of the Board of Directors.
This could be a great move for an ambitious individual looking to further their golf club management career.
The Managing Secretary will lead the team responsible for the delivery of all Club activities, facilities, and employees, working with the Head Greenkeeper, Bar and Events Manager and alongside our franchised catering operations and services provided by the Club Golf Professionals.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous golf club management and administration experience.
- Financial literacy, successful budget management, cost control, management reporting and forecasting.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and creativity and the ability to lead, motivate and develop our successful team.
- Proven strong Marketing and IT skills are essential. Specifically, a good understanding of the BRS online booking system and Club Systems V1 would be a considerable advantage.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills coupled with the ability to provide significant input to the ongoing Business Planning process
- Highest levels of accuracy and attention to detail, highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure with a proactive approach to problem solving.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should include a covering letter and a copy of your current CV. Please send in word format to [email protected] or by post (marked Strictly Confidential) to:
The Chairman, Garforth Golf Club Limited, Long Lane, Garforth, Leeds LS25 2DS
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.garforthgolfclub.co.uk