Lee-on-the-Solent GC | General Manager
Club type: Private Members
Salary indication: Competitive
Posted on: 12 Sept 2017 | Apply by: 20 Oct 2017
Start date: 1 January 2018
Set inland from the coast, this attractive and seemingly innocuous park and heathland course has tested golfing skills for over 110 years. Now in superb condition, small greens follow oak and pine lined fairways with three chasms to drive. A set of 5 testing par 3s include the well-known beautiful 13th, across a river and marsh to a severely sloping green. A modern clubhouse with bar and dining facilities, experienced Professionals, outside and indoor teaching ranges and a fully stocked golf shop complete the picture.
The Club is looking to appoint a dynamic, experienced, personable, forward thinking, innovative and highly qualified individual, committed to the continuous development of the Club and to take it forward in line with the demands of the membership. The successful candidate will have a passion for golf, its traditions and ethos and report directly to the Chairman of the Management Committee.
Key Skills/Knowledge Required:
- Sound business, financial and commercial skills – able to identify areas of the business where potential savings are possible and growth opportunities are exploited;
- A knowledge of Food and Beverage operations;
- Pro-active communication, with up to date knowledge of marketing and social media – will drive member recruitment and visitor revenue through a robust sales and marketing strategy;
- Understanding of Finance and IT packages such as Sage, BRS, Club systems websites etc.;
- Day-to-day management of Club staff with a comprehensive knowledge of HR/employment law, health and safety, licensing and equality legislation.
- A strong-willed but diplomatic and motivational character with a dynamic approach to managing and a sense of humour. Very much ‘hands on’ with a ‘can do’ attitude;
- Approachable, a people’s person who puts customer service at the top of their attributes;
- An ability to question current practice, evaluate and instigate change for the better;
- An eye for detail and a proven track record in improving performance in golf and hospitality operations;
- There will be an element of unsocial hours associated with committee work and the taking of meeting minutes, along with some weekend work.
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience. No accommodation is available.
To apply, please forward a full CV with a supporting statement detailing how you meet the requirements of this position, by email to email@example.com or The Chairman, Management Committee, Lee-on-the-Solent Golf Club, Brune Lane, Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, PO13 9PB