Lyme Regis GC | Club Manager
GCMA Region: South West
Date posted: 10th December
Closing date: POSITION NOW FILLED
Lyme Regis Golf Club is a high-ranking regional club based in West Dorset. A magnificent 18-hole cliff top course, originally designed in 1893, boasting outstanding scenery, with a discerning and friendly membership. The club is a regular host of county events and was the venue for the 2018 English Girls U16/U14 Amateur Championships.
We are a forward thinking, progressive club looking for an exceptional manager to help lay the foundations for the next chapter of the club’s future. Club management / administration experience is essential. This could be a great move for an ambitious individual looking to further their golf club management career.
We are looking for a Club Manager to lead our team to ensure we provide high quality services to all members and visitors. The main area of activity is Club administration including clubhouse facilities, hospitality services, interfacing with members and the golf course.
You will be responsible for the management of:
- The successful implementation of the Club’s strategy developed in conjunction with the Management Committee. A particular focus will be to drive income growth from the Club’s bar and catering facilities.
- The coaching, development and performance management of staff to achieve high quality results and customer service for members and guests.
- The delivery of successful sales and marketing campaigns.
- Health, safety and environment.
- Cost control against budget.
- Human Resource management (supported by external consultant).
We are a 7 day a week operation and the Club Manager will be required to work on a flexible basis to suit the activities of the club.
- Responsible to Management Committee (with direct line reporting to the Chairman)
- Day to day management of the Club staff, comprising Club Steward, Club Chef and Administration team and the greens staff
- Effective liaison with the Club Professional and the Professional Shop staff
- Control, manage and deal with all matters relating to the administration, maintenance and HR and safe-guarding of the Club
- Develop effective membership relations to ensure delivery of objectives
- Monitor and control Club income and expenditure against approved budgets
- Organise and manage the arrangements for the playing of all Club and Open competitions
- Keep members of the Club fully informed regarding the activities and plans of the Club through all required platforms
- Strong leadership, diplomacy and communications skills
- Previous golf club management experience is essential
- Suitable qualifications in golf club management preferred, with current knowledge of all operational aspects.
- Business acumen and sufficient knowledge and experience to ensure that the Club is compliant with all statutory and regulatory matters at all times, including National Golfing authorities
- Excellent administrative organisational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of current office IT software tools, including Office 365, Zoom, Club Systems and BRS and the ability to organise subordinate users of the available tools, and data management
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Highest levels of accuracy and attention to detail, highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to problem solving.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
To apply please send a current CV, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with details of your current role and remuneration package, to: Chairman, Lyme Regis Golf Club, Timber Hill, Lyme Regis, DT7 3HQ or email the Chairman at [email protected].