Sudbury GC | General Manager
Date posted: 27th January
Closing date: 19th February
Sudbury Golf Club has been an established members club in West London for 100 years. It has an excellent 18-hole course designed by Harry Colt, practice facilities with golf shop and a Clubhouse with a lounge bar and dining room. It caters for the needs of golfers at all levels.
Sudbury is owned and managed by the members and any surpluses are reinvested in the Club to enhance the facilities. It is recognised locally as being a club where the quality of the golfing experience genuinely improves each year.
Its intention is to continue to improve the golfing and social experience it offers to members and visitors and to be the area’s golfing destination of choice.
For more information about Sudbury Golf Club visit our website www.sudburygc.co.uk
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing and providing day-to-day direction in all aspects of management of the Club’s facilities and staff. This will involve, specifically, commercial development, sales and marketing, hospitality and events for members and visitors, financial accounts, and human resources. The General Manager will work in conjunction with the Board of Directors (the ‘Board’) to develop the Club’s strategic direction and, particularly, to drive income growth of the Club’s non-golf hospitality and events facilities.
- People focused – A leader, capable organiser, motivator and team-builder with a positive attitude.
- Business acumen -A decisive manager who is efficient, results-orientated, and who plans and sets priorities and is willing and able to deliver change and growth in a commercial environment.
- Self-motivated and innovative.
- Customer-focused and approachable.
- An effective communicator and a good listener.
- Attention to detail particularly concerning the general maintenance standard of the Club facilities and golf course.
- The capacity to manage own time effectively in a busy environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Commercial and financial acumen, a good knowledge of sound business practices and basic accounting skills.
- An appreciation of the game of golf and experience of the application of the Rules & Regulations to those playing golf.
- Experience of working with golf professionals, golf retail activities and the management of golf events.
- Relevant experience in golf, leisure, event management and hospitality.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing, cost sensitive environment.
- Competent in the use of Club V1, BRS, Sage systems.
- Team-orientated interpersonal skills and an ability to manage the demands of members and visitors.
Application Process: To apply, candidates should send a letter to the Chairman highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. The closing date for application is Friday 19th February 2021.
Sudbury Golf Club