Taunton & Pickeridge GC | General Manager
Region: South West
Club type: Private Members
Posted on: 4 Sept | Application by: 30 Sept
Start date: December 2017
Founded in 1892 Taunton and Pickeridge Golf Club is a private members club situated in the Blackdown Hills just 4 miles away from Taunton in Somerset. The magnificent golf course offers the best playing conditions in Somerset and the clubhouse can be used to host a wide variety of member and non-member activities.
The Club is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, competent and experienced General Manager to lead the current team of staff and manage day to day operations on behalf of the Club’s Board of Directors. The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in shaping the Clubs future and building upon its reputation as a premier golfing venue in the South West of England.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- To organise and manage the affairs of Taunton and Pickeridge GC in accordance with the policies and procedures set out by the Board of Directors.
- Leading, motivating and managing the team at the Club.
- To implement satisfactorily the decisions reached by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee, with the assistance of the Club’s finance team, preparation and development of budgets and financial plans.
- Ensuring the course, clubhouse, and other facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing media and other external communication whilst providing support for the Club’s marketing of its facilities.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with all third parties.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members and visitors
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Marketing expertise
- Experience in managing a diverse food and beverage operation
- An ability to forge strong partnerships
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- A knowledge of greenkeeping operations
- Strong IT skills
- First class communication, leadership and diplomacy skills.
- A passion for golf and an appreciation of the traditions and ethos of a private member’s club
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
To apply: Candidates should outline in writing their motivation, skills and experience for the role and include an up to date CV, your current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and be addressed to The Chairman at Taunton and Pickeridge Golf Club, Corfe, Taunton TA3 7BY or by email to email@example.com