The New Golf Club, St Andrews | Secretary/Manager
Date posted: 5th February
Closing date: 28th February
The New Golf Club, St Andrews (NGC) is one of the most prestigious golf clubs in Scotland. It was formed in 1902 and is located within the town of St Andrews, the home of golf.
NGC is a private members’ club that strives to deliver excellent quality services for our Members and to ensure the Clubhouse is maintained to high standards. The NGC co-ordinates it’s golf programme with the St Andrews Links Trust who operate the golf course facilities within St Andrews. The club also provides member accommodation through rental of 3 flats which overlook the 18th fairway of the Old Course.
An opportunity has arisen for the position of Secretary / General Manager.
The Secretary / General Manager is a leading figure within the club and is expected to manage the day-to-day affairs of the club, reporting to the Committee of Management through the Captain. The postholder should support sub-committee Convenors in their specific areas of responsibility.
Key areas of responsibility for the Secretary/General Manager include:
- Club Administration
Management of the Club’s administration in a structured and efficient manner.
Management of the club’s financial reporting processes including income, expenditure, membership subscriptions and retail sales along with participation in the preparation of the Club’s ongoing business plan and annual budget.
- People Management and Leadership
Management of club staff to ensure consistent high standards and continued development of a committed and enthusiastic team.
Manage communication with members and stakeholders through a range of channels.
Personal & Professional Experience
- Previous experience of managing a multidisciplinary team of staff
- Experience of business development
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound knowledge of golf
- Clear experience of people and budget management in a senior position
- Computer literate and up to date with current technologies
- Working knowledge of relevant statutory legislation
- A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position
Please visit the New Golf Club website here to download the job description:
Applications should include a covering letter, CV and details of anticipated remuneration package. These should be to be emailed to [email protected]