Truro GC | Club Manager
Date posted: 12 January 2021
Closing date: 10 February 2021
Founded in 1937, Truro Golf Club is a mature, picturesque parkland golf course situated about a mile from the centre of Truro. Due to its proximity to the city centre, the Club also has a busy Bar and Restaurant which caters for members, visitors, and a variety of social functions.
We are a forward-thinking, progressive club looking for an exceptional manager to help lay the foundations for the next chapter of the Club’s future. This could be a great move for an ambitious individual looking to further their management career in a busy Golf Club with a thriving membership.
We are looking for a Club Manager to lead our team to ensure we provide high quality services to all members and visitors. The main area of activity is the Golf Club administration, including clubhouse facilities, hospitality services, interfacing with members and the golf course.
You will be responsible for the management of:
- The successful implementation of the Club’s strategy developed in conjunction with the Management Committee.
- Maintaining and building the friendly ethos of the Club to retain and attract members.
- Developing the use of the Clubhouse for the enjoyment of members and visitors and to grow income for the Club.
- Effectively managing all aspects of the Club’s operations and the relationship with key stakeholders.
- Maintaining the website and social media communications.
- Health, Safety and Environment policy and management.
- Cost control against budgets.
- Human Resource management.
- Responsible to the Management Committee (with direct line reporting to the Chairman).
- Day to day management of the Club staff, comprising the greens staff and office administrator.
- Effective liaison with the Course Manager, Bar Manager, Catering provider and Club Professional to provide a first-class experience for our members and guests.
- Control, manage and deal with all matters relating to the administration, maintenance, HR and safeguarding of the Club.
- Monitor and control Club income and expenditure against approved budgets.
- Organise and manage the arrangements for the playing of all Club and Open competitions.
- Some flexible working hours will be required to suit the activities of the club.
- Member of the Competition, Golf & Social, House & Greens committees.
- Proven leadership, communication and customer service skills are required, consistent with the needs of a members’ club.
- Previous golf club management experience is preferred but not essential.
- Business acumen and sufficient knowledge and experience to ensure that the Club is compliant with all statutory and regulatory matters at all times, including National Golfing authorities.
- Excellent administrative organisational and time management skills.
- Good knowledge of current office IT software tools, including Office, Club Systems and BRS.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive can-do attitude.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail, highly motivated with the ability to work well under pressure.
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
Candidates, please send your CV with a covering letter stating why you would be suitable to be the next manager of Truro Golf Club, by email to Mike Hicks, Chairman.
Email: [email protected]
Or by post: Mike Hicks, Chairman, Truro Golf Club, Treliske, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 3LG.