Tyneside GC | General Manager
Region: North East
Club type: Private Members
Posted on: 7 Sept | Apply by: 31st October 2017
Tyneside Golf Club (TGC) is one of the oldest and most highly ranked golf courses in the North East. It was originally designed and laid out over a century ago by world-renowned golf course architect Harry S. Colt and, although the course has been extended over the years, the integrity of Colt’s design has been well and truly maintained.
The undulating sand-based fairways ensure not only a great test of golf but also excellent drainage, whilst the scenic Tyne Valley offers panoramic views from many of the tee boxes and greens. TGC continues to develop and this summer has seen the addition of a new 6 hole Par 3 Course and expanded practice facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic development of TGC
- Operational management of TGC Golf Course and Clubhouse
- Marketing and promotion of TGC, its facilities and golf provision.
- Financial management of Tyneside Golf Club.
- Ensuring TGC meets all legal and statutory obligations, including Health and Safety and best practice in Human Resource Management.
Our ideal candidate:
Will have strong interpersonal skills, together with excellent written and verbal communications and will be someone who has gained experience in golf or other sports club management. A qualification in golf club management and/or business management would be an advantage.
This position could be structured to accommodate a candidate looking to work less than full time hours.
Apply with CV to: Mr Ron Stewart – Vice President, c/o Tyneside Golf Club, Westfield Lane, Ryton, NE40 3QE