We provide all Full GCMA Members with a new personal Legal Expenses Insurance policy as part of the membership benefits package.
The policy, which is arranged in partnership with Howdens and Arc Legal Assistance, provides cover in two distinct areas:
Coverage (in some cases up to £100,000) for a range of issues and disputes, including:
- Personal Injury – Cover for the cost of taking legal action against a third party following an accident in which you injured as a result of their negligence.
- Contract Cover – Cover for the cost of taking or defending legal action following a breach of contract, for example buying or selling your home, renting goods or services or buying, servicing, repairing or testing a motor vehicle.
- Employment Disputes – Cover for the cost of taking legal action against your employer following a breach of contract for your full-time or permanent part-time employment.
- Disciplinary Hearings – Cover for the cost of representation at an internal disciplinary hearing before your employer.
Legal & Lifestyle Counselling Helplines
- Access to a 24 hour Legal helpline for advice on any personal legal matter.
- Access to a 24 hour Lifestyle and Counselling helpline for support on a range of problems including; personal relationships, bereavement, problems with colleagues in the workplace, debt and stress.
Partners, children, parents, and parents-in law who permanently live at your address are also covered under the Personal Injury and Contract Cover sections, as well as access to the Helplines
Arc Legal Assistance are leading providers of Legal Expenses Insurance and legal helpline services to affinity groups and membership organisations such as the British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association (BIGGA), the National Landlords Association and a number of Police Federations across England and Wales.
“Arc Legal’s legal helpline is provided by a leading law firm and staffed by top quality lawyers who provide legal advice in plain English which our members can understand.”
City of London Police Federation