Beau Desert Golf Club are looking to hire a Golf Administration Manager/Secretary. All the details about the position can be found below…
Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate is on offer.
Closing date: 31st January 2022
Beau Desert Golf Club, which is situated in an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty in the County of Staffordshire is a premium 18-hole heathland golf course, with first class practice facilities and clubhouse.
We are seeking to recruit a full time Administration Manager/Secretary, who will use a structured approach to manage the daily administration of our golf club.
The successful candidate will help to deliver a high standard of service to our members and visitors and be a goal setting manager for their direct employees.
COMPETENCIES & CHARACTERISITICS
- An effective ‘hands on’ administrator, with high level of attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, which will support liaison with all sections of the golf club. Good literacy is important.
- A team player, able to work under pressure and with good humour and a can-do attitude.
- All round experience of administration management and the capability to adapt & learn to use a variety of IT systems used in the administration of the club.
- A professional and respectful manner, with a passion for great customer service.
- Flexibility, during busy periods and especially in the summer some evening and weekend work will be necessary.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Overall responsibility for all matters associated with the administration of the golf club and its premises, within the framework of the BoM’s priorities, procedures, and budgets.
- To ensure that all monthly reports & accounts are delivered in a timely manner and as agreed with the BoM.
- To action any decisions made by the BoM in a timely & professional manner.
- Management of the club’s accounting & financial controls, including those delegated to the administrator.
- To be a point of contact for general enquiries from members, visitors, suppliers, and contractors.
- Management of all aspects of club and surrounds housekeeping.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- All aspects of internal & external communications, to include the maintenance & updating of the club website, social media, notice boards and emails where necessary.
- Statutory requirements to include Health & Safety management and policies relevant to the clubhouse and it’s surrounds – to include the car park and driveway area. The management of all club maintenance contracts and annual policies.
- The clubhouse and surrounds are effectively a retail environment and therefore good housekeeping is paramount.
- A point of reference for members and visitors as and when required.
- Recruit, develop and manage direct reports to include clear objectives and performance management and monthly individual 121’s & monthly staff update meetings. All meetings to be recorded and minutes to be saved.
- Ensure Bar & Catering manager provides a welcoming, efficient, co-ordinated service to members and visitors.
- Ensure Bar & Catering manager promotes and manages external events and provides a welcoming, efficient, and profitable service at all times.
- Support the delivery of timely monthly accounts and identify key variances against budgets.
- Prepare & present monthly financial reports to the Hon-Treasurer.
- Ensure spending limits are agreed with the Hon-Treasurer and are managed appropriately.
- Manage credit control.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Ensure cash is handled according to a set procedure and is banked promptly.
- Management, reconciliation, and control of all the club’s income streams to include Bar & Catering, Subscriptions, Visitor fees, and any other incidental income.
- Manage/oversee payroll and ensure that all PAYE, NI & Pension contributions are paid on time.
- Understand HMRC rules regarding VAT and how it is applied and ensure returns and payments are made on time.
- Ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- A clear understanding of the clubs chosen accountancy and salary systems.
- Support the delivery of the club’s financial targets.
- Lead person with club bank.
- Lead person with club auditors.
- Active involvement with all aspect of the club’s administration, to include procurement, invoicing, subscriptions, payroll, membership data base as necessary the use of Microsoft Office systems.
- Effective purchasing, delivery and recording systems to be developed and maintained to include any internal/external stocktaking.
- Control of all security measures within the clubhouse.
- Ensure compliance with licencing H&S, COSSH, and employment law.
- Ensure employee contracts, letters of appointment and job descriptions are updated when required are maintained.
- Develop and manage a staff induction process that ensures employees are fully up to speed with legislation and have a clear understanding of their job role and responsibilities.
- Maintain records of sick leave or any other statutory leave taken by employees.
- Maintain a staff holiday record.
- Manage a planned maintenance programme.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate is on offer.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV or ask any questions you may have to [email protected].
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.