Haydock Park Golf Club are hiring a Business Manager. All the details about the position can be found below…
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Salary will be based on 40 hours per week
Closing date: 31st January 2022
To take personal responsibility for the professional delivery and development of all aspects of the Golf Club, proactively identifying additional sales and marketing opportunities, consistently delivering customer service excellence, and optimising revenues and profitability from each revenue stream and driving the Club forward. Regularly review plans to take into account changes in the environment in which the Golf Club operates, making recommendations for capital improvements, supplies and equipment. To influence and positively manage the development of the Golf club’s culture.
- To work closely with the Board of Directors, the Club Professional and the Head Green keeper, whilst reporting to the Board.
- To prepare and regularly review the Business Plan.
- To draw up, implement and monitor operational plans for each area, ensuring that objectives support the vision for the Golf Club in line with the Business Plan and that they are achieved.
- To continuously review and develop standard operating procedures for each area to ensure maximum customer satisfaction whilst maximising revenue and profitability.
- To monitor stock control, course utilisation, sales and marketing activity and human resources.
- To be responsible for the care and maintenance of all the physical assets of the Golf Club.
- To ensure Health and Safety procedures comply with up-to-date legislation and ensure same are clearly communicated, effectively monitored and regularly reviewed.
- To ensure other operational areas are compliant with current legislation.
- To manage the membership process and the maintenance of the membership records.
- To provide effective leadership, giving direction to staff and motivating and supporting them to achieve individual and team objectives
- To recruit, induct and monitor the development of the staff and complete regular performance reviews whilst ensuring that all staff have appropriate opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experience.
- To ensure all Human Resource issues are managed professionally, consistently and fairly, ensuring compliance with up-to-date legislation.
- To communicate regularly and effectively with all staff, officers and members within the Golf Club.
- To manage on site accounting, payroll, purchasing, inventories, banking, cash flow and establish and maintain controls to safeguard funds and assets.
- To ensure that robust financial control procedures are in place for the handling of all payment and receipts. To work in close contact with the Director of Finance, maintaining the required records for monthly and annual accounting of income and expenditure and for monitoring financial progress over the year.
- To monitor the duties of Administrative staff in keeping payroll records, including casual labour, accounting for NI & PAYE and remitting to HMRC and submitting VAT returns by due date.
- To ensure that the accounts are maintained in accordance with the principles agreed with the Golf Clubs auditors and in consultation with the Director of Finance.
- To establish and monitor compliance with all purchasing policies and procedures.
Marketing and Customer Service
- To promote Haydock Park Golf Club as an outstanding facility for both Golf and Social functions above all local competitors.
- To develop a coordinated sales and marketing strategy in order to create new innovative income streams in all areas of golf and non-golf.
- To communicate effectively with external organisations, individuals and agencies.
- To stimulate innovation, encouraging staff to think outside of the box and put forward new ideas.
- To ensure that the team consistently deliver excellent customer service, thereby achieving maximum customer satisfaction.
- To offer guidance on business decisions to the committee’s by staying on top of golf industry trends attending conferences, workshops and meetings.
People focused; Leader, able to influence, motivator, team builder, coaching and mentoring style, strong interpersonal skills – able to foster relationships with the members, guests, and staff.
Business acumen; Able to deliver change, Results orientated, decisive, plans and prioritises.
Personal traits; Maturity of character, customer focused, good time management skills, self-motivated, logical and creative thinker, effective communicator and negotiator, pays attention to detail, uses initiative, confident and prepared to challenge, energetic.
To be prepared to be flexible in working hours to meets the demands of this position.
- Understanding of how the operation of each of the following areas can impact on the Business: Corporate functions/events, administration,
- Facilities maintenance and Food & Beverage.
- Knowledge of budgets and accounts.
- IT literate with experience of relevant software applications and computerised management systems/data storage.
- Knowledge of writing business reports.
- Desirable to have an understanding of golf and its traditions
Salary Negotiable depending on experience. Salary will be based on 40 hours per week. Position is subject to a review after 6 months.
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected]
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.