The GCMA is looking to appoint a Business Partnership Manager. Please see below for full details about the position…
Closing Date: 18th May
With the professional and personal wellbeing of their members at the heart of everything they do, the GCMA are now seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic Business Partnerships Manager, reporting to the CEO and responsible for looking after and developing the Associations portfolio of business partners. The focus of the role is to develop commercial relationships and, through the partnership network, ensuring that GCMA members are surrounded and supported with expert guidance, support, knowledge and advice covering all aspects of Golf Club Management.
Over the past two years, the GCMA has expanded its Business Partnerships portfolio and we now work with 26 business partners. Our Business Partners play an integral role not only in providing funding for the Association, but in supporting our members with expertise, technical guidance, knowledge and support covering all aspects of golf club management.
Following a period of growth of our partnership network, we are now looking for someone to join the team to focus on relationship management in order to maintain and develop our existing partnerships, as well as to identify and secure new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background and track record in account and relationship management, as well as a sound knowledge and understanding of the golf industry.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the GCMA Business Partnership network and commercial revenue generation
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing business partners through delivery of contracted service requirements, as well as identifying and building new opportunities to align with GCMA member needs
- Create a systematic, process-driven approach for all account management matters
- Collaborate with the CEO, key management personnel and Regional Manager network to align our internal goals with new and existing partner relationships
- Deliver a valuable experience to our partners when working with our Association – you will represent our brand and be our partners’ key liaison internally ▪ New Business Development – To identify and source partnership opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound sales and networking activities
- Biennial GCMA National Conference – To work with the Partner network and associated businesses to deliver a successful exhibition
- Forecast, measure, and report the results of various projects with partners, including co-created and/or co-branded content promotions, lead sharing, and/or event partnerships
- Any other task that the role and the Association may reasonably require from time to time
Skills and experience
- Previous working experience and proven track record as a Partnerships Manager or in a similar account management capacity is essential
- A passion for golf and knowledge of the industry is preferable but not essential.
- To illustrate an innovative and creative set of skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Networking aptitude
- Great multitasking skills
- Attention to detail
Salary & Working Hours
We are offering a salary of c.£40K with an OTE of £45K.
Standard working week is Monday to Friday. Working from home is acceptable although business travel across the UK is a requirement of the role as well as attending team meetings at our HQ in Bristol.
Applications to be sent to [email protected].
Closing date Wednesday 18th May.