Chobham Golf Club are looking to hire a General Manager. All the details can be found below…
Chobham Golf Club in Surrey is a private members golf club offering the combined benefits of a superbly designed golf course, excellent clubhouse facilities in a stunningly beautiful location. We have over 650 members and are regarded as one of the friendliest clubs in the area.
Salary: An attractive and competitive rewards package is available.
Closing date: 22nd October 2021
Chobham Golf Club is looking for a proactive, energetic, and committed individual who must have a passion for customer service. Golf knowledge or golf industry experience is essential for the post. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Club, the delivery of high operating standards, compliance with all legislative requirements and the development of a well-trained and motivated team to provide an exceptional experience to members, guests, and visitors.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong leadership skills with proven club management experience, communication, organisational, commercial and administrative skills and a good level of IT literacy. BRS and Club Systems experience will be an advantage.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, linked with strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of Employment, Licensing and Health & Safety Laws.
- An understanding of operating in a growing, changing private members club environment.
- Line manager responsibility for the Course Manager, Clubhouse Manager, Finance Manager and Clubhouse Maintenance Manager.
- Act as an ambassador for the Club to ensure a warm, courteous and professional welcome for members and visitors.
- Providing effective financial control of all aspects of the club and reporting regularly to the Board of Directors in line with policies and procedures.
We are a 7-day a week operation and the General Manager will be required to work on a flexible basis to suit the activities of the club.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer.
To apply please send an e-mail highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up to date CV and details of your current role and remuneration to [email protected] If you would prefer to apply by post please enclose the information in a letter marked “Private and Confidential” to: The General Manager, Chobham Golf Club, Chobham Road, Knaphill, Woking, Surrey, GU21 2TZ.
For a PDF copy of the job description please click here.