Cleveland Golf Club is looking to appoint a Secretary/Manager. Applications are invited from candidates with a proven track record in golf club, sports or hospitality management…
Salary: Commensurate with position and experience.
Closing date: 17th October 2021
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity at a private members’ club in a picturesque part of Redcar & Cleveland.
Reporting to the Chairman of the Management Committee, the Secretary / Manager is a senior role across all operations of the Golf Club. Ideally suited to an experienced professional with strong management, hospitality and operational experience, the role offers a competitive salary.
The commercial management of the Club, in accordance with the plans and policies determined by the Management Committee, to include:
- Customer experience to maximise the enjoyment and satisfaction of all users of the club including members, visitors, societies and guests.
- Revenue maximisation from all revenue streams including membership, visitors, societies, bar and catering.
- Commercial control of the Club, premises and facilities in line with the business plan and budget.
- Staff management and motivation in accordance with all relevant HR Legislation, policies and personal development plans.
- Facility management and technology optimisation to ensure assets are maintained and enhanced and IT systems are utilised for operational efficiency.
In conjunction with relevant committees and officers:
- Define and deliver a high quality golfing experience to members, visitors and societies to maximise participation, satisfaction and retention.
- Maximise membership, green fee and society revenues.
- Maximise bar and catering revenues and profitability.
- In conjunction with the Club Bookkeeper ensure all accounting, invoicing, cash control and banking procedures are accurate, efficient and timely.
- In conjunction with the Club Bookkeeper ensure payroll systems are operated accurately and appropriate records are maintained.
- In conjunction with the Club Treasurer ensure that monthly management accounts are prepared, accurate and that any significant variances from budget/target are investigated.
- Act as line manager of the departmental heads and ensure all members of staff are appraised and performance managed.
- Meet regularly with Line Managed Staff to define responsibilities, agree work plans, review performance and address any issues.
Please forward your CV and covering letter to the Chairman at CGC by emailing [email protected].
Closing date for applications is Friday, 17th October 2021.
To download a PDF of this job description, click here.