Aberdovey Golf Club are hiring a Club Manager. All the details about the position can be found below…
Salary: A competitive salary is offered commensurate with proven skills and experience.
Closing date: 28th January 2022
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a forward thinking, self-motivated individual to join one of the most acclaimed golf clubs in the UK as its new Club Manager.
Aberdovey Golf Club, formed in 1892 and one of the oldest clubs in Wales, has a proud heritage – Harry Colt, James Braid and Herbert Fowler have all had a hand in shaping Aberdovey as it stands today – a traditional, out and back links course, set in a Site of Special Scientific Interest.
Aberdovey is consistently ranked in the Top 100 Golf Courses in the UK & Ireland and prides itself on its reputation of being one of the friendliest golf clubs in Wales. As well as an 18-hole, championship links golf course, the club benefits from operating onsite accommodation, with in-house bar & catering set within a modern clubhouse building.
The Club Manager will work closely with the Executive Committee to ensure the strategic direction of the Club is adhered to and achieved.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate the following
- Good working knowledge of day-to-day golf club administration together with abroad knowledge of all aspects of golf and its traditions, particularly within a private members’ club.
- A thorough understanding of the requirements of a championship golf course and its presentation. Responsibility for course management and implementing a programme of maintaining and improving the golf course in close liaison with the greens staff.
- Pro-active, commercial approach to drive member recruitment, visitor revenue and other business opportunities.
- Forward thinking, with a desire to promote the club while retaining the interests of the current membership.
- Demonstrable business planning skills and financial literacy. Knowledge of Croft accounting software an advantage.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to inspire others and work collaboratively to continually improve the experience of Aberdovey Golf Club for members and visitors alike.
- Excellent organisational skills and efficient management of golfing and social activities.
- Good knowledge of licensing, employment, and Health & Safety regulations.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
- A CMAE/GCMA qualification would be an advantage.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact [email protected].
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.