Royal St David’s Golf Club are looking to appoint a Club Manager to succeed the existing Manager who retires in 2022. All the details about the position can be found below…
Salary: Will be by negotiation but will reflect the calibre of the appointment and the challenges and responsibilities to be faced.
Closing date: 24th January 2022
Established in 1894, Royal St David’s has long been ranked within the ‘Top 50’ of UK & Ireland courses and is one of the world’s greatest links courses, featuring 18 challenging holes of golf in an area of outstanding natural beauty overlooked by Harlech Castle and the Snowdonia range. Over the years nearly eighty championships of National or International stature have been played at Harlech. Royal St David’s has been described as a “magical” place and a “truly wonderful place for a game of golf”.
The Club is looking to recruit a highly qualified, experienced individual with excellent communication skills as full-time Manager to work with the Board of Directors and Committees to run a respected golf club comprising different categories of members and visited by large numbers of golfers from all over the world.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a strategic plan designed to continue the upward trajectory of the Club over the next five years and beyond, and will be expected to effectively implement the decisions on policy made from time to time by the Board, with input from the Manager.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have or be willing to acquire an understanding of the history and traditions of the Club and the area;
- Have strong commercial, financial and IT skills.
- Have excellent people management skills covering responsibility of staff in House/Bar, Course, Finance and Administration. Liaison with our PGA Golf Professional and his staff.
- Have good knowledge of licensing, employment and H&S regulations.
- Be a good communicator, the role acts as an ambassador with members and visitors alike. Be a hands-on leader.
- Have good reporting skills – preparing and presenting financial and activity reports to the Board.
- Help lead the Club in aspects of member retention, and potential growth of the membership by category sector, working closely with the various committees.
This is a unique opportunity for an exceptional candidate to spend a deeply fulfilling, albeit challenging life, helping an institution grow and prosper in one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
The Club is proud of its history and Welsh heritage, and whilst the ability to understand and speak the Welsh language is not essential, it would, however, be an advantage.
Salary will be by negotiation but will reflect the calibre of the appointment and the challenges and responsibilities to be faced.
To apply please send your CV together with a resume of your achievements and motivation for applying for this role, to [email protected]
If applying by post please mark ‘Private and Confidential’ for the attention of The Manager, Royal St David’s Golf Club, Harlech, Gwynedd LL46 2GY.
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.