Taunton & Pickeridge Golf Club are looking to hire a Club Manager. Full details about the position can be found below…
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits, plus annual bonus based on performance & business results.
Closing date: 10th December 2021.
Founded in 1892, Taunton and Pickeridge Golf Club is a private members club situated in the Blackdown Hills just 4 miles away from Taunton in Somerset. The magnificent golf course offers the best playing conditions in Somerset and the clubhouse can be used to host a wide variety of member and non-member activities.
The Club is seeking to recruit a highly motivated, competent and experienced Club Manager to lead the team of staff and manage day-to-day operations of the clubhouse on behalf of the Club’s Board of Directors. The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in shaping the Clubs future and building upon its reputation as a premier golfing venue in the South West of England. The applicant’s experience may be from management of a golf club, hospitality & leisure business or membership organisation.
Role and Responsibilities
- Organise and manage the affairs of Taunton and Pickeridge GC in accordance with the strategy, policies and procedures set out by the Board of Directors.
- Leading, motivating and managing the food & beverage and business & administration teams at the Club.
- Ensuring the clubhouse and related facilities are presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors at all times.
- Be involved in the preparation and development of budgets and financial and business plans.
- Identify business opportunities, develop business cases and implement marketing strategies.
- Oversee programme for member attraction and retention.
- Ensure high levels of customer service and satisfaction (members and visitors).
- Ensuring the Club is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations, including but not limited to health & safety, employment, licensing and equality legislation.
- Managing media and other external communication whilst providing support for the Club’s marketing of its facilities.
- Coordinate with the Course Manager and Head Professional to delivery overall strategy and proposition.
- Representing the Club effectively in its dealings with third parties.
Experience and Skills
- Strong track record of providing service excellence to members, visitors and/or customers.
- Proven management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Marketing expertise, and events management.
- Experience in managing a diverse food & beverage operation.
- An ability to forge strong partnerships.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- First class communication and diplomacy skills.
- An appreciation of the traditions and ethos of a private member’s club, and ideally an interest in golf
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
A competitive salary, plus benefits, plus annual bonus based on performance & business results is on offer to the successful candidate.
This role provides the Club Manager the opportunity to: work in a pleasant and attractive location and working environment; work a flexible 40-hour week across a 6- to 7-day period; lead with autonomy, guided by a supportive Board; provide quality customer experience to a friendly membership; deliver the Business Plan across multiple revenue streams; and help formulate and implement the Club’s Strategy.
Candidates should outline in writing their motivation, skills and experience for the role and include an up-to-date CV, current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please apply by 10th December, 2021. All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and should be addressed to The Chairman at Taunton and Pickeridge Golf Club, Corfe, Taunton, Somerset TA3 7BY or to The Chairman at [email protected]
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.