Frinton Golf Club are looking to appoint a Club Manager. You can find all the details for the position below…
Job Description: Club Manager
Job title: Club Manager: Full-time, permanent post
Hours: 40 hours weekly on average
Annual Leave Entitlement: 20 days avoiding peak events.
The post holder will be required to work additional hours at peak times during the year to meet the needs of Frinton Golf Club. Although we focus on a work life balance for all our team members, the role does include working some unsociable hours which may include weekends and occasional evenings.
Responsible to: The Chair of the Board of Directors, who will conduct an annual appraisal.
The Club: Frinton Golf Club (FGC) is a progressive and sociable 27-hole members club in North Essex.
The Candidate: The club is looking for a dynamic, personable individual who can lead a team at FGC and oversee the day-to-day operation of the club. People are at the heart of everything we do, and growth of membership is key. A GCMA or other recognised golf/club management qualification is desirable.
- To ensure the efficient operation of the golf club on a daily basis. This is a key position where you will be working as part of the management team alongside the Course and Hospitality managers.
- To provide facilities and services for members consistent with policies as agreed with and defined by the Board of Directors.
- To ensure effective communication between members, committees, partners, and stakeholders.
- To undertake other administrative, financial and management tasks as may arise from time to time as directed by the Board of Directors.
- To ensure the club operates to the highest Golf Club Managers Association (GCMA) standards.
Scope and Key Responsibilities
- To have overall responsibility for the running of the administration of the Club and its premises. To manage the provision of all office services, including IT, telephony, current golf systems, specifically Club V1 and licenses that FGC require.
- To ensure the efficient and accurate administration of club competitions via the Club V1 system.
- Produce a quarterly newsletter for the information of all members, highlighting current news, results and forthcoming events.
- In liaison with the Club Professional, Hospitality, and Course Manager, arrange and effectively manage society and visitor bookings, in order to provide a positive experience at Frinton Golf Club.
- To organise all AGM/EGM, Board of Director meetings and any other meetings as directed, including circulation of agendas and producing accurate and timely minutes for approval and later circulation.
- To ensure efficient and cost-effective purchasing.
- To ensure compliance with all legislative requirements including Health and Safety and company contracts. Ensure the Club fully operates within the guidelines of CASC regulations.
Finance, Accounting and Financial Management
- To ensure the efficient and accurate operation of accounting software to point of reconciliation.
- To develop and fully implement the Club’s annual budget and monitor all expenditure on a day to day basis to ensure budgetary compliance and wastage is at a minimum.
- To compile accurate and timely salary information for our payroll partners.
- Ensure that the club’s tax affairs are dealt with effectively, liaising with club’s accountants, as necessary.
- Ensure timely payment of all properly authorised bills and accounts, in an efficient and professional manner. Assist the Director of Finance with monthly financial statements at board meetings.
Staff responsibilities and supervision
- To act as a line manager for administration and financial accounting staff employed by the club, to support them in delivering their objectives on behalf of the club. Ensure each perform their duties in accordance with job descriptions and contracts of employment.
- To maintain personnel records for the club ensuring contracts of employment, job descriptions and employee details are up to date.
- To maintain the employee handbook.
- To record any instances of complaint against any employee. Record full details of any disciplinary action taken against any employee.
- To set meaningful objectives for staff within your team and carry out annual staff appraisals, assessing against those objectives and dealing with any issues arising.
- To ensure records are maintained of hours worked and any unauthorised absence from work, for all staff in the club.
- To maintain and update the Club website to promote FGC in a manner which reflects our progressive approach (where we are evolving the traditional values of the game into relatable concepts for the 21st century golfer), and our strong social atmosphere.
- To actively promote and grow golf membership, in conjunction with the Club Professional, positively seeking ways to address under-represented groups.
- To ensure the Club’s social media accounts are current and reflect any promotions and news to sell the Club effectively to members, prospective members, and visitors.
Designated parking, staff discount on meals and drinks, pension, and golf entitlement, including some competitions.
Applications to be submitted with an up-to-date CV, along with a personal statement on the rationale of suitability to the role and emailed to [email protected].
For further information please contact Julie Fennelly on 01255 682 453 or email [email protected]
Closing date: 9th July 2021
By Mike Hyde