Enfield Golf Club is looking to appoint a General Manager…
Closing date: 31st August, 2022
Enfield Golf Club is a progressive Private Member’s Club established in 1893. We currently have over 500 members. We pride ourselves in being a vibrant and friendly club with members of all ages and abilities including a very strong junior section.
The course was designed by the former Open Champion and renowned golf architect James Braid and is an excellent, picturesque, parkland course. It is a good test of golf for golfers of all abilities. We have invested steadily to improve the course over the last few years and further investment is planned.
It is an exciting time for the Club as we have completed a fabulous refurbishment of our clubhouse and are looking to develop our hospitality business, which will be a major part of your role.
We have a team of full-time staff of 15 including green keeping, hospitality, finance and administration.
We are looking for a General Manager to lead our team to ensure we provide high quality services to all members and visitors. Although a Private Members Club we are run as a medium sized business. There are four main areas of activity, the golf course, clubhouse facilities, hospitality services and the interface with members.
You will be responsible for the management of:
- The successful implementation of the Club’s business plan, developed in conjunction with the General Committee, with a particular focus on driving income growth from the Club’s new hospitality and events facilities.
- An annual budget, set in conjunction with the finance committee, and to manage costs against it
- The coaching, development and performance management of staff to achieve high quality results and customer service for members and guests.
- The delivery of successful sales and marketing campaigns.
- Human resources (supported by an external consultant).
- Health, safety, and the environment.
We are a 7 day a week operation and the GM will be required to work on a flexible basis to suit activities of the club.
- People focused – A strong leader, capable organiser, motivator, and team-builder with a positive attitude who sets and drives high standards from their staff.
- Business acumen – A self motivated, decisive manager who is results orientated, and who plans and sets priorities and is willing and able to deliver change and growth in a commercial environment.
- Flair for marketing and innovative thinking.
- Attention to detail particularly concerning the standard of the Club facilities including the golf course.
- An effective communicator.
- Customer-focused and approachable.
- Good time management with the ability to work under pressure with good humour.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of managing hospitality and events, ranging from a daily bar snacks and restaurant operation to weddings for up to 140 guests.
- A talent for marketing, with experience in developing and implementing effective marketing plans using digital and print media.
- A track record of developing a culture of service excellence to deliver a consistent, high quality and enjoyable experience.
- Experience of managing a diverse team through strong performance management, objective setting and appraisal.
- Commercial and financial acumen, a good knowledge of sound business practices and basic P&L skills.
- Proven ability to achieve objectives set in a changing, cost sensitive environment.
- An understanding of the golf industry.
- General management experience in site operations with a working knowledge and application of appropriate legislation including:
- Procurement & managing contracts and suppliers
- Health & Safety, COSSH,
- Child Protection & Safeguarding
- and Data Protection legislation.
To apply please send a current CV, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with details of your current role and remuneration package, to: Ms Pat Farag [email protected]
Closing date: 31st August, 2022