Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club are looking to hire a General Manager / Secretary. All the details about the position can be found below…
Salary: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the skills and experience of the candidate is on offer.
Closing date: 15th December 2021
Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club is one of the oldest Golf Clubs in England and one of only 246 Links Courses in the world. Voted England Golf Venue of the Year in 2017 the Club has an exciting project in progress to upgrade their existing Clubhouse and thereby secure golf in Felixstowe into the 21st century.
The facilities include the 18-hole Links course, 9-hole pay and play Kingsfleet Course and a top-quality Practice facility.
The Club are seeking to recruit a General Manager / Secretary designate to work alongside the existing Manager with a view to stepping up into the General Manager / Secretary role when the current Manager retires in the middle of next year.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in providing the very highest standards of service to Members and Visitors, coupled with supporting the Executive in delivering the goals set out in the Club’s Strategic Plan.
With a full Membership at the Club and the exciting Clubhouse project in progress this is a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking a forward thinking, progressive Club to further their career in Golf Club Management.
- Having overall management responsibility for all aspects of the Club and its administration
and its premises and facilities.
- Creating and inspiring a culture and environment of service excellence, member
engagement and visitor and guest satisfaction.
- Coaching, developing, supporting and inspiring a small management team and staff through
effective leadership skills.
- Work closely with the Chair of Marketing and Membership to retain and grow members,
green fees and visitor bookings.
- Act as Company Secretary to the Felixstowe Ferry Golf Club Limited.
- Work closely with the Club Treasurer to manage the Clubs financial affairs including
budgetary control, revenue maximisation and minimising controllable costs as well as
safeguarding all assets of the Club.
- Ensuring the Club maintains a safe and welcoming environment at all times and in facilities.
- Review and manage the contractual relationship with the Golf Professional.
- An inspiring leader, able to manage through an empowered management team.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, linked with strategic planning skills.
- First class communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sound organisational and administrative skills, including a high degree of IT literacy.
- Passion for delivering high quality service and with a real “can do” attitude.
To apply please send an e-mail setting out what has attracted you to this role and why you should be considered to [email protected] and also attach your current CV and remuneration package.
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.