Hessle Golf Club are looking to hire a General Manager. All the details can be found below…
A vacancy has arisen within a progressive and prestigious private-members club for a Golf Club General Manager/Company Secretary. This is a key appointment that is expected to drive the culture within the club as well as deliver on operational needs.
Closing date: 30th November 2021
- Having executive responsibility for all aspects of the administration of the Club and its premises within the framework of the Club’s Business Plan, policies, procedures and budgets, reporting to the Board.
- Creating and inspiring a culture and environment of service excellence, member engagement and visitor and guest satisfaction.
- Coaching, developing, supporting and inspiring a small management team and front line staff by employing effective leadership skills.
- Driving initiatives to aid member retention and grow new members, green fees and visitor bookings.
- Working with the Director of Finance to manage financial budgets; maximising revenue opportunities and minimising controllable costs.
- Developing secondary spend initiatives around social or golf events, food and beverage and new income streams through grant funding, sponsorship or hospitality.
- Acting as Company Secretary to the Hessle Golf Club group of companies.
- Ensuring the club sustains a safe and welcoming environment for all members and visitors.
- Experience in managing golf club or hospitality operations and driving multiple revenue streams in a commercially driven membership environment as a Golf Club Manager, General Manager, Centre Manager or Club Manager.
- Can demonstrate a track record in growing revenue, membership or member engagement.
- Experience of leading high performing teams to deliver a premium service environment by using their management skills to the best possible effect.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Friendly, outgoing, engaging personality with a “can do” style and strategic approach to leadership.
- Entrepreneurial flair and a willingness to identify growth opportunities with experience in using social media and other marketing tools for promotion.
- Holding the ASQ L5 Diploma in Golf Club Management or similar would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience dealing with a Board or Executive Committee would be an advantage.
For more information please send your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectations and why you should be considered to The Chairman, Hessle Golf Club Ltd, Westfield Road, Raywell Cottingham, East Yorkshire, HU16 5ZA.
For a PDF copy of the job description please click here.