An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a new General Manager at Royston Golf Club. You can find out more about the role below…
An 18-hole heathland course with a unique links feel situated near the Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire border. The naturally draining chalk landscape allows members and visitors to enjoy the full golfing experience throughout the year, complemented by a friendly and welcoming club house, bar and a fully stocked pro-shop. Royston is a member run club.
Golf at Royston has been dated back as far as the seventeenth century. Documentary evidence shows that George Villiers, the 1st Duke of Buckingham played golf at Royston in October and December 1624.
The origins of the 18-hole golf course at Royston date to when two Cambridge University students laid out the first course in 1869. The Club was formally established in 1892.
With two 220 yard + par threes and a couple of driveable par fours no two holes are alike, reflecting both the natural terrain and the history of the club.
The club is looking to recruit a committed, ambitious and inspiring Golf Club Manager who can work with our excellent staff teams, members and the Management Committee and Directors.
Reporting to Chairman the Golf Club Manager key responsibilities will include;
- Leading the management and development of all aspects of the club.
- Marketing; including maintaining the style and future vision for the Golf Club by promoting through all available channels, and driving the club forward through memberships societies and visitors.
- Provide information to members, updating the website and ensure social media channels are fully exploited.
- Ensure Club fulfils all Governance & Compliance requirements.
- Human Resources – Oversee HR matters including staff recruitment, acting as line manager, objective setting and appraisals.
We will offer a competitive salary and benefit package commensurate with the skills, knowledge and experience of the applicant.
We are committed to the ongoing development of our employees and will support professional development appropriate to this role.
To apply, please email a letter of application and your CV with details of your current remuneration package to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7th March 2024.