Minehead and West Somerset Golf Club are looking to hire a club manager. You can find all the details for the position below…
Salary: £35,000 rising to £38,000 in year two subject to performance, including onsite, 2-bedroom accommodation. A competitive salary package excluding accommodation is also available.
Closing date: August 6, 2021
Founded in 1882, Minehead and West Somerset Golf Club is one of the oldest Golf Clubs in England and is Somerset’s oldest links. A vibrant and friendly members club our 18 hole course is well maintained and is an enjoyable test for all standards of golfer.
Leading a small management team and reporting to the Club Chairman, the Club Manager has responsibility for all aspects of the Club’s operations including:
- Property management – Maintaining the premises and other assets of the club.
- Course – liaising with the Course Manager Head Greenkeeper & PGA Professional in course development.
- Commercial – marketing the Club to potential members and visitors.
- Communication – with committees, members, staff and the local golfing community.
- Service – management of the clubhouse including bar and catering facilities.
- Administration – managing the accounting function, preparing budgets, management accounts and forecasts for the Management Committee.
- Legal – ensuring compliance with health and safety, employment and all other legal and regulatory requirements.
Will have the skills and knowledge to match the tasks set out above, in particular:
- Strong financial and commercial expertise
- Understanding of the current trends in the golf market
- IT and administrative skills with good eye for detail
- Strong people management and inter-personal skills
The post is full-time, requires flexibility and involves weekend work where necessary.
To apply, please e-mail a covering letter and CV to:
Mr. William John Perkins (Chairman): [email protected].
Closing date for applications: 6 Aug 2021 with first stage interviews to take place by 23 August.
Minehead and West Somerset Golf Club is committed to Equal Opportunities.
To download a full job description, click on the link here.