Cold Ashby Golf Centre are looking to hire an Operations Manager. All the details can be found below…
Cold Ashby Golf Centre is a members owned, Cooperative Society, established in January 2020.
Since taking over an established business, the members have focused on redeveloping and improving the golf course. Despite the restrictions during the COVID pandemic, we are delighted with where the course has got to.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to take day-to-day charge of the business, to drive it forwards and make department a profit centre.
The scope for this role is not limited and offers the successful candidate the opportunity, working closely with the Board of Directors, to further enhance the growing reputation our new business has established.
The Board and Members are open to a candidate looking to further their career, or indeed to an established Leisure/Hospitality Manager looking for a unique challenge, where the challenge to make change happen and to make a difference will be daily ones!
Salary: Basic salary plus incentives, to be determined with the candidate.
Closing date: 19th November 2021
Hours: Full-time: 40 hours per week with some weekend and evening work essential. 28 days (including bank holidays) holiday entitlement.
Responsible to: CAGC Board of Directors.
Responsible for: The operational management of CAGC’s business operations, all staff, with responsibility for development of all areas in collaboration with staff and Board.
Job Purpose: Operational and strategic management of business, finance and social functions and the overall development of the club.
- Be responsible for the day to day running and development of CAGC.
- Act as the finance officer to the board.
- Assist in the development and implementation of business plans.
- Oversee the work of all departments and develop a management structure which recognizes their expertise and unique knowledge.
- Manage the work of administrative staff to ensure sound and effective administration of standard golf club processes, including financial matters.
- Interpret new legislation and guidance and identify the implications for CAGC and ensure compliance with appropriate regulations.
Alongside the Sales and Marketing Manager to increase club income across the business, through growth and diversification, ensuring that all activities are consistent with the co-operative ethos and values.
Human Resource (HR) Management
- Provide emergency absence cover if needed to ensure the centre is staffed appropriately at all times.
- Ensure that job descriptions and staffing structures continue to meet the changing needs of CAGC.
- Manage policy and processes to do with complaints, capability, staff disciplinary and staffing restructures.
- Ensure effective arrangements for human resource functions including: absence monitoring, recruitment and replacement.
Ensure that the estates function is managed effectively and in accordance with the operational needs of CAGC and any regulatory requirements to ensure a high quality, safe and welcoming environment for all members and the general public.
Health & Safety
Act as Health & Safety Co-ordinator and ensure full compliance with legislation from all staff, members, contractors, visitors, etc. We recognise that training may well be needed before this role can be effectively undertaken.
- The post holder may be required to attend, from time to time, training courses, conferences, seminars or other meetings as required by his/her own training needs and the needs of CAGC.
- Ensure awareness of, and compliance with, personal responsibilities and requirements of CAGC policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate others.
- Working knowledge of IT and social media marketing.
- Write and present concisely and effectively.
- Willingness to acquire or good knowledge of relevant legislation (HR, H&S, GDPR).
- Approachable, flexible, resilient and positive.
- Sets high standards for self and others.
- Self-starter and good team player.
- Able to handle sensitive matters confidentially.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Formal qualifications will be secondary to good experience and personal qualifications, but evidence of reasonable, broad academic success at post 16 level (A level or BTEC) is desirable.
- Please send an email, including covering letter highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV and any other information you might consider important to [email protected].
For a full PDF copy of the job description please click here.