The Dorset County Golf Union are seeking a Secretary. Find all the details about the position below…
Closing date: September 30, 2021.
The position of Dorset County Secretary will become vacant in early 2022 due to the current Secretary retiring after a long and successful tenure.
- The County Secretary is required to manage the affairs of the Dorset County Golf Union, and will report to the County Executive committee via the Chairman.
- There are 33 Golf Clubs affiliated to the Union.
- This is a full-time position requiring flexibility of hours according to seasonal demand.
- The role requires a high level of involvement and covers all aspects of Men’s and Boys’ County golf.
- Candidates should have knowledge of the game of golf.
- Good administration, communication and IT skills are essential.
- To be able to work independently but also as part of a team.
Other requirements are:
- Appropriate time management and the ability to prioritise work effectively.
- Must be approachable, confident and personable.
- Have an attitude that respects and values diversity, equal opportunities and appropriate standards of behaviour.
- A driving licence is a necessity, as is use of a car.
- Administrative and Management.
- Prior work in golf industry desirable but not essential.
- Familiarity with golf software e.g. intelligent golf and app use.
- Knowledge of social media.
Candidates will be expected to provide their own heated working environment, which is subject to all working practices (including H&S) and legal requirements, including insurance requirements at own expense.
Further details of Dorset County Golf Union activities and a more detailed Job description are available at DCGU.org.uk
Applicants for this position are invited to submit their C.V. and salary expectations to Ian Hulse at [email protected]
The closing date for applications is September 30th. Interviews are scheduled for mid-October.
Dorset County Golf Union is an equal opportunities employer.