West Essex Golf Club is looking to hire an experienced General Manager. All the details can be found below…
Salary: Commensurate with position and experience.
Closing date: 29th October 2021
West Essex Golf Club (WEGC) is a private members’ Club, founded in 1900, and situated in East London. The James Braid Course and its magnificent Clubhouse, which has been recently refurbished, enables the Club to offer all c.700 members and many visitors a truly memorable golf experience and a warm and welcoming atmosphere in the Clubhouse.
WEGC is looking for an experienced manager, with demonstrable financial acumen, relevant skills and enthusiasm to lead the company.
We have been embarking on an exciting development of a new TrackMan driving range and 900sqm short game area which has recently opened. We are seeking an entrepreneurial/commercial approach to develop for the benefit of the membership the opportunities that our course, location and clubhouse provide.
The successful applicant must also have the IT agility to fully leverage our Intelligent Golf software.
These skills need to be blended with a proven track record that can bring together the different elements of club management to create a service excellence culture and a one-team mentality.
The General Manager is responsible to the Board, and reports to the Chairperson as their line manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate
- High financial literacy and excellent IT system skills.
- Leadership and the ability to manage a small team with differing functions.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of growing revenue streams whilst controlling costs.
- Appreciation of golf and expectations/traditions of a members’ club as well as a proven track record of leading a successful change programme in a similar type of environment.
- Exemplary leadership and interpersonal skills, with a focus on a diplomatic style of communication and ability to relate to people of all backgrounds.
- A flexible approach to working hours to meet the demands of the position, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Inspiring a culture of service excellence and delivering a great customer experience for members and visitors alike.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, HSE and other regulations, applicable to club management and small companies.
For more information, please visit the Club’s website: www.westessexgolfclub.co.uk
A competitive salary + benefits package commensurate with the experience & skills of the applicant is on offer. There is no Club accommodation available with this role.
To apply, candidates should send a letter highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up-to-date CV, details of their current remuneration and ability to relocate if necessary. Please contact Andy Simon at [email protected]
For a PDF copy of the job description, click here