Worcestershire County Golf are looking to appoint a County Secretary. You can find all the relevant details below…
Salary: £30 to £35k, depending on experience.
Closing date: August 9, 2021.
This vacancy has arisen due to the retirement of the current County Secretary.
Worcestershire County Golf Ltd (WCG Ltd) provides specialist support and guidance to 31 affiliated golf clubs in Worcestershire and manages county championships, competitions and representative teams
The County Secretary is responsible for the efficient management of WCG Ltd’s day to day operations and administration.
Key responsibilities of the County Secretary include:
- providing expert advice to clubs on handicapping (WHS), course rating assessments and the Rules of Golf
- managing county golf events, including securing venues and event administration
- managing relationships with County officials and volunteers, England Golf and other Counties
- undertaking the role of Welfare Officer and leading on safeguarding matters
- general administration, including club membership and affiliation records, arrangements for the WCG Ltd AGM and Board Meetings and website management
- undertaking the role of WCG Ltd Company Secretary
The position is home based and full-time (flexible based on an average of 35 hours per week). Travel within and outside Worcestershire is required as is some evening and weekend working.
Salary: circa £30k -£35k per annum depending on experience
To fulfil this role you will need a good knowledge of golf and the structure of national, county and club based activities. You will also need excellent communication and relationship management skills; highly effective planning and organising skills; and a flexible and adaptable approach to work. The job also requires good IT skills with particular emphasis on microsoft office applications and Intelligent Golf systems.
Further Information and Applications
For further information about WCG Ltd visit the website.
For further information on the role call John Whitehead, Governance Director, WCG Ltd on 07763 078811.
Applications by way of CV and covering letter should be emailed to John Whitehead at [email protected]
Closing date for applications: Monday 9 August 2021
Interviews will take place from around mid-August.
Worcestershire County Golf Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
To download a full job description, click here.