Worksop Golf Club are looking to hire a Secretary Manager. All the details can be found below…
Worksop Golf Club is a private members club located between Sheffield and Nottingham close to M1 and A1 motorways. We have over 500 members and are regarded as one of the best courses in the area and will be hosting the English Men’s Amateur Championship in July 2022.
Salary: An attractive and competitive rewards package is available.
Closing date: 29th October 2021.
WGC intends to appoint a full-time Secretary/Manager to replace the existing post holder who is to retire in March 2022. We are seeking to appoint a person who will operate at the very centre of the Club to help deliver an outstanding experience for members and guests and to support the future development of the Club.
The successful applicants responsibilities will include:
- Managing/overseeing catering, bar, administration and golf operations.
- Line manager responsibility for the Club Administrator, Food and Beverage Manager, and Golf Operations Manager.
- Working with the Greens Sub-Committee Chairman and the Head Greenkeeper to ensure the course is maintained and developed in accordance with club policy.
- Acting as an ambassador for the Club ensure a warm, courteous and professional welcome for members and visitors.
- Performing the role of Company Secretary for Worksop Golf Club Ltd.
- Providing effective financial control of all aspects of the club and reporting regularly to the Board of Directors and the General Purposes Committee in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensuring effective administration of all club activities.
- Providing effective communication with members, staff and visitors and representing the club at regional and national level.
The successful applicant will be a proactive, energetic and committed individual and have a passion for customer service. Golf knowledge or golf industry experience is essential for the post.
We are a 7-day a week operation and the Secretary Manager will be required to work on a flexible basis to suit the activities of the club.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the experience and skills of the applicant is on offer.
To apply please send an e-mail highlighting your motivation for the role and relevant experience, an up to date CV and details of your current role and remuneration to [email protected]
If you would prefer to apply by post please enclose the information in a letter marked “Private and Confidential” to: The Secretary Manager, Worksop Golf Club, Windmill Lane, Worksop, Notts, S80 2SQ. Telephone contact can be made on 01909 477731 Option 3 (Secretary/Manager).
For a PDF copy of the job description please click here.