Radcliffe on Trent GC | General Manager
GCMA Region: East Midlands
Date posted: 27 August
Closing date: 11 September
Radcliffe on Trent Golf Club was founded in 1909 and has matured into an outstanding parkland course with EGU championship status. The course is one of the premier golf courses in Nottinghamshire and “home” of the McGregor Trophy, the English Boys under 16 championship. As a private members’ club, we transitioned from the traditional committee based structure to a General Manager led operation with Governance, including strategy development and policy provided by a Main Committee of elected and appointed members in 2017, to support our vision to become “the best members golf club in the East Midlands”.
Reporting to the Main Committee the new General Manager will assume responsibility continuing to deliver the club’s strategic plan, both as the direct line manager of the Head Greenkeeper, Food and Beverage Managers and Office staff and also through close control of the Service Level Agreement in place with our Head Professional.
Applicants will have a track record of achievement at a senior level within the golf industry and a commitment to proactive communication with all our members. Experience of successful business management and the food and beverage industry would also be desirable.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Well organised and efficient management of administrative and golfing activities.
- A full understanding of golf course maintenance processes and procedures.
- Business acumen and financial literacy.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality of experience for both members and visitors.
- Practical experience of day-to-day golf club administration.
- Strong leadership, motivation and diplomacy skills.
- A knowledge of and commitment to modern communication methods.
- An appreciation of golf and its traditions within a private members’ club.
- A flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work under pressure.
An attractive remuneration package is available to attract the right candidate.
Further information about our club is available on our website.
Candidates invited for interview will be expected to visit in advance and present their plan for successful development of the Club at interview. Only those invited for interview will receive a reply.
To apply, please submit a full CV with a covering letter highlighting your motivation and suitability for the role to:
The Club Chairman, Radcliffe on Trent Golf Club, Dewberry Lane, Cropwell Road, Radcliffe on Trent, Nottingham NG12 2JH or by email to: [email protected]
Please mark your application Private and Confidential.