Wakefield GC | Secretary/Manager
Club type: Private Members
Salary Indication: Negotiable
Posted on: April 18 | Apply by: 4th May
Wakefield Golf Club, founded in 1891, is one of Yorkshire’s oldest Golf Clubs, where the current 18 hole course, designed by Sandy Herd and with bunking advice provided by Dr Alister MacKenzie, was opened in 1912. It is a private members club with 470 playing members.
Wakefield Golf Club is seeking to appoint a forward thinking manager who will be able to take the club forward, embracing up to date management practices whilst recognising the traditions of golf. Ensuring that the offer from the club at every level provides a great experience for all members and visitors.
The role will require an adaptable, enthusiastic individual who is able to communicate and develop relationships at all levels with strong leadership skills.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Have a proven track record in golf club management or a similar industry/sector.
- Be able to provide pro-active management of the golf business through continuous improvement and innovation. Developing the strategic and business plans alongside the Committee.
- Have knowledge of bar and catering operations, compliance with Health and Safety and Employment and Pensions legislation relevant to a Golf Club.
- Proven financial management, reporting and budgetary control including preparation of monthly and annual reports.
- IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to motivate and manage a small team.
This is a full time post. However, consideration will be given to candidates with the right skill sets who are seeking part time roles.
Applications with a covering letter and full CV (please include current position and salary) should be sent in confidence to : [email protected]