The GCMA’s Accreditation Programme provides official recognition of your skills, knowledge, experience and value to the industry, and you can submit your application now.
GCMA Accreditation provides evidence of expertise throughout your career as a golf club manager.
The programme, which launched last year, recognises skills, achievements and professional development and gives you the chance to be rewarded through a series of Accreditation levels.
GCMA Accreditation is open to any GCMA member who is in an active golf club management role, and it provides a clear route to develop and be recognised for your continued learning and professional development.
A straightforward, but detailed, online form captures your experience, skills, knowledge, and achievements along with an ongoing commitment to personal and professional development.
By providing a complete career history and a summary of roles undertaken in the golf industry, along with an up-to-date record of qualifications, professional development and learning, you can apply for one of four GCMA Accreditation Levels:
- GCMA Aspiring Manager is suitable for those new to the profession, or currently in a position as a Department Head or Assistant Manager and keen to develop their careers
- GCMA Accredited Manager (Level 1) is aimed at those with a minimum of three years’ experience in a golf club management position and typically at a small to medium-sized club
- GCMA Accredited Manager (Level 2) will be suitable for those managers at medium to larger sized clubs with five or more years’ industry experience
- GCMA Accredited Manager (Level 3) will recognise those highly experienced and accomplished managers who have been in the role for 10 years or more
- A further level, GCMA Senior Leader/Master Manager, will open for applications from 2025
Crucially, GCMA Accreditation does not discriminate on where your qualifications and professional development were obtained or how you have chosen to develop yourself professionally.
Any relatable industry qualification or certificate, plus degrees and higher education courses, will all be recognised through a comprehensive points matrix.
Learning of a more informal nature will also be captured within the programme, whether that be attendance at GCMA regional meetings, industry conferences, webinars, online learning or any number of other learning and development experiences.
You can access, update and complete your own personalised Accreditation form at any time, 365 days a year, before submitting your form during the submission window. The current Accreditation submission window opened on May 1st 2023 and will remain open until 30th June 2023.