You can now put forward names for the prestigious prizes, the winners of which will be revealed at GCMA 2021 Conference in November
They are the glittering showpiece of the 2021 Conference and nominations have now opened for the prestigious GCMA Manager of the Year Awards.
Recognising and rewarding excellence across golf club management, the awards will be presented at a gala dinner on Monday 22 November, during the three-day gathering at Wyboston Lakes Resort, in Bedfordshire.
It’s been a hugely challenging period for golf club managers with the coronavirus pandemic, followed by an unprecedented boom in the sport, and we’re sure to see some inspirational stories among those put forward.
Two years ago at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, Enville general manager Heather Mulley was a popular winner of the Manager of the Year prize, while Redditch’s Kerry Alligan-Smith was named Newcomer of the Year and Llanishen continued the theme of recent Welsh dominance when named Team of the Year.
For 2021, the awards categories are as follows:
- GCMA Manager of the Year – Available to full members only and those currently in the role of General Manager, Club Manager, Club Secretary or similar
- GCMA Future Leader of the Year – Available to full members only and for those within their first two years of club management
- GCMA Team of the Year – Should include Club Manager, Golf Professional, Food and Beverage and Head Greenkeeper. At least one member of the team should be a full GCMA member
The deadline for nominations is Friday, September 3. Shortlists will be drawn up and the interview and selection process will commence on September 20, with club visits and interviews with final candidates taking place during October.
If you would like to nominate anyone for one of our Awards, please email us at [email protected] with the following details:
- Name of the Nominee
- Name of Club
- Award Category
- A brief summary of why you think they deserve to be nominated. Key achievements, contribution to the club etc.
- Your name and contact details
Do you subscribe to the GCMA’s weekly E-newsletter? Make sure you’re not missing out on the latest in the world of golf club management. Click here to join in.