Time is running out to put forward names for the prestigious prizes, whose winners will be revealed at GCMA 2021 National Conference
The clock is ticking for nominations to be made for the GCMA Manager of the Year Awards.
You must get your proposals in by Friday, September 17 if they are to be considered for the most prestigious prizes in golf club management.
The GCMA Manager of the Year Awards are the centrepiece of the second day of GCMA 2021 Conference, which is being held at Wyboston Lakes Resort, in Bedfordshire, from November 21 to 23.
They will reward the very best succesess in our industry and we’re sure to hear some inspirational stories following the challenges of the last 18 months.
Two years ago at De Vere Cotswold Water Park, Enville general manager Heather Mulley claimed the Manager of the Year prize, while Redditch’s Kerry Alligan-Smith was Newcomer of the Year and Llanishen were Team of the Year.
To follow in their footsteps, or reward those you feel have made a difference, make sure you’ve got your nominations in.
Here’s a reminder of the awards categories for 2021…
- GCMA Manager of the Year – Available to full members only and those currently in the role of General Manager, Club Manager, Club Secretary or similar
- GCMA Future Leader of the Year – Available to full members only and for those within their first two years of club management
- GCMA Team of the Year – Should include Club Manager, Golf Professional, Food and Beverage and Head Greenkeeper. At least one member of the team should be a full GCMA member
Following the deadline, shortlists will be drawn up and an interview and selection process will take place. Club visits and interviews with final candidates will take place during October.
If you would like to nominate anyone for one of our Awards, please email us at [email protected] with the following details:
- Name of the Nominee
- Name of Club
- Award Category
- A brief summary of why you think they deserve to be nominated. Key achievements, contribution to the club etc.
- Your name and contact details
Do you subscribe to the GCMA’s weekly E-newsletter? Make sure you’re not missing out on the latest in the world of golf club management. Click here to join in.