Recent weeks have seen various golf industry awards ceremonies take place, and the hard work of a host of GCMA members has been rewarded
Following the announcement of the Golf Environment Awards, two more golf industry organisations have handed out awards to the leading performers in the world of golf club management.
On 2 March, both the England Golf and 59club awards took place, with a number of GCMA members acknowledged.
Congratulations to all the winners, especially the GCMA winners who triumphed!
This event recognises the finest customer service providers for having achieved the highest standards of excellence across 2022.
GCMA vice chair Gareth Morgan was one of the big winners on the night, picking up Golf Manager of the Year (<£61 green fee), whilst The Grove’s Samuel Joyce is part of the team awarded Ultimate Golf Resort and Brendan McDermott leads Belvoir Park, which picked up the Ultimate Members’ Club trophy.
Other GCMA winners included:
- Chris Cotter & David Fulcher – Edgbaston
- Russell Stebbings – Frilford Heath
- Gary Beves & Matthew Lavington – Golf at Goodwood
- Tom Scott – Harpenden
- Mark Addison – JCB Golf & Country Club
- Reece Miller, Danielle Williams & Bethan Popel – Long Ashton
- Neil Hampton – Royal Dornoch
- Peter Green – London Club
- Karl Hepple – Stoke by Nayland
- Radyr – James Irving
- Farleigh – James Ibbetson
England Golf Awards
The awards are designed to recognise and reward individuals, teams, clubs and counties who have shone in the past year and made a positive contribution to the amateur game in this country.
- Sherwood Forest, led by Simon Williams, picked up Tournament Venue of the Year.